Requesting an Accommodation
Guidelines for Supporting Documentation
- Consult a licensed professional with firsthand knowledge of your disability and relevant credentials.
- The documentation you submit should be as current as possible, but must have been completed in the past three years. Certain diagnosed disabilities or requested accommodations need more recent documentation.
- The diagnosing physician should
- give a clear diagnosis of the disability or condition;
- describe functional impact and/or limitations on major life activities;
- recommended accommodations, including the relevance of each; and
- use his or her own letterhead (regardless of signature, we cannot accept a form or template from another institution).
- The documentation must be in English or include a notarized English translation.
Protecting Your Security and Privacy
- Do NOT include personally identifiable information with your request. For example, never include your Social Security number.
- Do NOT send any medical or supporting records via email. We’ll send instructions for using our Secure File Transfer tool for all file uploads.